Development

I have started looking into the basics of modelling my characters using Blender, due to Maya being only available on trial for 30 days. I have watched various tutorials, however many seem to be in previousĀ of software so there are very limited amounts I can actually follow to help develop my knowledge in the newer versions of Blender. There is one in particular short series of videos on YouTube from a channel “Sebastian Lague” who goes over the basics of Character creation, texturing and animating in a similar style to what I envision my character to look like.

Following this tutorial, it discusses the use of drawing out your characters to use as a guide within the software to help ensure that your model stays in proportion with your original inspiration. Therefore I have drawn two rough designs for both of my characters with annotations on each so that I can remember exactly what colour each piece of the model will need to be. Although my drawing skills are nothing to be desired, they will still allow me to follow them as a guide when designing in terms of size and stature in comparison to one another. Additionally, I can give the characters much higher detailed faces within Blender later on after I have designed their basic body shapes. I aim to have a play around with the software and see if I can make something similar to the final designs that Sebastian Lague creates in the 4-part series on YouTube.

Rough Design - Boy Rough Design - Girl

Development