Changing Plan

After a lot of trial and error with Blender, I was unable to create the 3D characters that I wanted. For some reason whenever I attempted to follow a different tutorial, the software would just not respond on my PC as it did on the tutorial. In addition to this, after discussing many variables with my tutors, we came to an agreement that I would develop a 2D animation rather than 3D, as a 3D animation would be too big of a project in a short period of time that I have left to complete my concept.

I looked into various different styles of 2D animation that have already been created. A lot of the very detailed concepts seemed like they would be too big of a project for me to take on in a short period of time and didn’t really appeal to the sort of style I would want to create for a 2D piece anyway. I looked into the work of a YouTuber named “PsychicPebbles”, who creates a lot of animations with dark humour, but the style in which they are designed seems to suit what I like – not too much detail within the characters, but fairly detailed settings in which the story plays out in. This suits my story idea because the whole idea would revolve around the scene of natural beauty in which the two main characters have revelation in a picturesque setting. I also looked into a piece created by “The CGBros” on YouTube which doesn’t have very detailed characters, but appealing settings, which I feel would be a good example.

Another inspiration I am going to take is from a basic tutorial that show the basics of animating a 2D animation in After Effects. The style seems to be simple but effective and pleasant on the eye.

Changing Plan